Configuration generation

Jeff Bachtel jeff at cepheid.org
Thu Aug 16 23:36:05 CEST 2007

I am currently using Squid in a reverse-proxy setup, and the ability
to have Squid query a rewrite helper to determine the backend has been
something of a godsend, as it allows us to store our configuration in
some MySQL tables, and update the in-memory rules without
interruption.

Reading VCL documentation, my understanding is that my best choice
currently would be to write a text file based on MySQL data, compile
the rules, and then have Varnish reload its configuration. Is that an
accurate assessment?

Thanks,

Jeff