Varnish appears to hang/requests time out

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Aug 29 13:22:49 CEST 2007

Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at ...> writes:

> Are there anything suspicious in your backends log when this happens ?

Not really, but I'm not sure how you define "suspicious". I'm definitely
unable to reproduce this problem with Varnish 1.0, nor does it happen if I
bypass Varnish.

The backend here, by the way, is Plone 3.0, with CacheFu 1.1. CacheFu may
send PURGE requests from time to time, and will try to set ETags cleverly.
I have tried without CacheFu, though, and the problem seems to persist.

As I said, it's hard to be definitive here, because it's such an intermittent
problem.

Martin