Purge multiple varnish servers

Håkon Andreas Jensen hakon.jensen at escenic.com
Thu Dec 13 10:20:40 CET 2007

I'm trying to figure out a way to purge multiple Varnish servers.
Is it possible to have a master Varnish server that receives an URL
to purge and then passes the purge on to the other servers using
VCL.

I know this can be done passing each server a purge command,
but I would like just to communicate with the master Varnish and
let it take care of the rest of the purge logic.

I'm quite new in this area, so please bare with me.

Thanks in advance for any hints and advices.

-Håkon