1.02 children die under high load

Stein Ove Rosseland steinove at vg.no
Mon Feb 5 09:44:50 CET 2007

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <45C17985.3070105 at weck.us>, Michael Weck writes:
>
>> I can get Varnish to run and forward requests to the backend server and
>> serve up those requests, however the process seems to reset itself under
>> load. When I run varnishstat the counter gets to about 10 seconds, then
>> it resets. That is at around 130 requests/second. The backend server is
>> Lighttpd 1.4.11

Thats the same problem as we have, when running lighttpd 1.4.13 as the
backend, varnish resets when the traffic load gets high enough.

> Run varnishd with "-d -d" arguments and type "param.show"
>
> Make sure the threadpool maximum is larger than 1

Ive set threadpool max to 1000, we are not close to that number of
threads, it usually stays between 100-200.

Stein

Denne fotnoten bekrefter at denne e-postmeldingen ble
skannet av MailSweeper og funnet fri for virus.