does varnish write objects to disk?

Nagita Karunaratne nagita.k at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 19:55:42 CET 2007

Thanks for your help. I take it you let the kernel manage as much as possible.

But I really want to know how I can improve performance in a
multi-cpu, multi-core processor systems running multiple cms-websites
in a virtual hosting configuration outside the scope of the kernel.

For example, a specific RAID configuration that will make it easier
for varnish. Or do I leave it all up to the kernel.

Is FreeBSD and Linux2.6 equally capable with respect to varnish?

Thanks,
Nagita