Varnish and Perlbal

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Mon Jul 2 15:59:10 CEST 2007

André Cruz <andre.cruz at segula.pt> writes:
> And regarding my other question... Should Perlbal handle the request
> first, and pass it to some varnish process or should varnish process
> the request first and send only the misses to PerlBal+Apache?

Isn't that really the same question?  Either you run Varnish in front of
Perlbal on the Perlbal servers, or you run it in front of Apache on the
Apache servers.

> Perlbal is probably better at load-balancing since it is it's core
> function, no?

Considering that Varnish doesn't do load balancing at all (yet), I would
concur that Perlbal is probably better at it :)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer