Varnish Dirty Caching

Denis Brækhus denis at startsiden.no
Tue Jul 3 11:32:45 CEST 2007

----- Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at linpro.no> wrote:
> Christoph <varnish at held-im-ruhestand.de> writes:
> > So what is dirty caching and why use it? Think of a very unreliable
> > backend. If varnish can't reach it's backend, it will simply return
> > the last content it has (even if the content is stale). That way i
> > can cover hickups.
> It's on our list for 2.0, and will probably hit trunk in late July.

Way cool, really looking forward to that feature! As I stated in a different thread it's more often other parts of the system that break than varnish  so having such a failsafe enables us to do a lot more fault tolerant setups.

Regards
--
Denis Braekhus - Teknisk Ansvarlig ABC Startsiden AS
http://www.startsiden.no