Mac and regular expressions

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Jul 5 14:03:38 CEST 2007

Hi,

I think I'm being bitten by a bug related to Mac OS X (10.4) and regular
expressions.

I've build Varnish using MacPorts, and also tried to build manually. To get it
to build manually, I've had to apply this patch:

http://projects.linpro.no/pipermail/varnish-misc/2007-June/000485.html

The result is the same, though.

The default Varnish config works fine, but as soon as I use a regular expression
(e.g. if(req.url ~ "\.(css|js)$") { ...} or whatever) in a custom VCL file, I
get this error:

$ /usr/local/sbin/varnishd -a localhost:8080  -f /etc/varnish.conf
Assert error in mgt_CallCc(), mgt_vcc.c line 214:
  Condition((dlclose(p)) == 0) not true.
  errno = 2 (No such file or directory)
Abort trap

That error is described in http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/117 and I
added a note there, but I think the underlying issue may be different.

Is there something more I can do to debug this problem? Has anyone else seen it?

Thanks,
Martin