where are logs

swann swann at cybercartes.com
Tue Jun 12 12:23:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've problem with logs when i stress varnish with Apache Bench.
I use varnishlog to store logs in logfile, and i (try to) get ncsa
format log with varnishncsa to generate statistics with awstats

It works fine with some requests but when I attac varnish by 100000
requests with 500 in concurrency (this is my requirements ) I loose info
in logs !

Some  output of varnisncsa looks like that :
- - - [12/Jun/2007:11:32:06 +0200] "(null) (null) (null)" (null) (null)
"-" "-"

and the number of requests from varnishncsa is not coherent with the
number of launched requests with AB: 25000 for 100000 original requests.

I try to change run time parameters like 'thread_pools' to 500 but it is
the same result..
Another parameters can fixe the problem ?

I can't determine where is the problem, varnishlog , varnishncsa,
varnishd, any idea?

thank you.

my config:
FreeBSD 6.2  i386

/usr/local/sbin/varnishd -f /usr/local/etc/varnish.vcl -a 0.0.0.0:80
<http://0.0.0.0:80> -P /var/run/varnish.pid -s file,/var/tmp/varnish/cache
,300m -T 127.0.0.1:9999 <http://127.0.0.1:9999>
/usr/local/bin/varnishlog -D -a -P /var/run/varnishlog.pid -w
/var/log/varnish.log