Apache and lighttpd backend

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Tue Jun 12 15:19:28 CEST 2007

Nathan McSween <nwmcsween at gmail.com> writes:
> Does anyone know of a way to make apache the default handler for
> php,pl,py,rb AND "/*" while lighttpd handles everything else
> isn't dynamic?  I cant regex */* to apache for just that reason and
> the only other way I can see doing this is setting every single static
> extension type to lighttpd which would be impossible since a huge
> amount of extension types are undocumented.

Sure, if you can express one of these sets as a regular expression.  But
there really isn't much point in splitting your backend in two when you
have Varnish in front; just have Apache serve everything.  Cache misses
will be slightly slower, but cache hits will be just as fast.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer