log files

Gaute Amundsen gaute at pht.no
Tue Jun 19 15:56:33 CEST 2007

<snip>
> * Stig Sandbeck Mathisen
>
> > One separate init script (for Debian) is available at
> > http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/browser/trunk/varnish-cache/debian/varn
> >ish.varnishlog.init
>
> Just for the record, the RedHat subdirectory has a similar script. It is
> also included in the RHEL packages at sourceforge and in the Fedora
> package.
>
> Ingvar

Sorry folks, it seems I'm totaly blind.
I've had  /etc/init.d/varnishlog all the time.
(since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I guess)

So then you would pipe this log into "varnishncsa -r /dev/stdin"?
This seems to work for me in AWstats :-)

LogFile="cat /var/log/varnish/varnish.log |  varnishncsa -c -r /dev/stdin | "
or perhaps better:
LogFile="/usr/bin/varnishncsa -c -r /var/log/varnish/varnish.log | "

Seems there are ways to set up awstats to process this separately for the
different vhosts too :-)

G.