More logging questions - hostname again

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Wed Jun 27 22:10:42 CEST 2007

Gaute Amundsen <gaute at pht.no> writes:
> The problem is that AWstats really need a separate field for server
> hostname (apache: %v) to filter separate vhosts on.  [...]  The only
> option I can think of right now is to make my own log preprocessor to
> split the hostname out of the request.  [...]  Or any better
> sugestions?

Take the varnishncsa source code and modify it to produce what you need?
It's really not that hard, just modify the bottom half of h_ncsa().

I intend to eventually modify varnishncsa to understand Apache CustomLog
format strings, but I have more pressing issues to handle first.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer