Varnish Stats

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Wed Jun 27 22:13:37 CEST 2007

cripy <ccripy at gmail.com> writes:
> I'm curious what kind of varnish stats everyone here has recorded and
> what the "maximum" uptime you have with varnish not restarting itself.
> I'm trying to track down a nasty memory leak I believe exists in
> varnish which you can see for yourself in "top".  It appears varnishs
> memory just increases infinitely until it crashes and restarts itself.

What you are seeing is Varnish using more and more of its cache (hence
increasing its RSS aka VSIZE) until it runs out of cache space and
restarts.  With the LRU code I committed today, once the cache fills up
it will start discarding the least recently used objects instead of
restarting.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav