varnish problems on Debian 3.1, kernel 2.6.19.2

Joel Wood jwood at guba.com
Fri Mar 2 02:18:59 CET 2007

Hello All,

I'm trying to test out varnish 1.0.3 on Debian 3.1 with a 2.6.19.2
kernel, and I seem to be having some difficulties.

I run varnish with the following options:

sbin/varnishd -T 127.0.0.1:8082 -s file,/home/guba/varnish/var/  -a
0.0.0.0:9081 -b timothy:8080

varnish starts fine, and runs.  When I request a file with wget there
is a pause of several seconds between the request and the delivery of
the file.  As I get the file, I see:

    12 SessionClose c timeout

in the output from varnishlog.

If I use curl, I get the file immediately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Joel