Delay when fetching a page without Content-Length

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Sat Mar 31 21:44:14 CEST 2007

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 19:22:37 +0000, Poul-Henning wrote:

>> if (req.http.authorization) {

> Should have been:  req.http.authenticate

Well, no such header is ever sent, from what I can see, but I'll give
it a go.

No difference - still ~16s delay.

First the browser asks for the page and the server answers with
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="...". The browser then asks me for
username and password, and goes on to retry the request, this time
with an Authorization: Basic ... header added.

The delay occurs on the first request.

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "Yakka foob mog. Grug pubbawup zink wattoom gazork.          Adam Sjøgren
  Chumble spuzz."                                        asjo at koldfront.dk