Varnish crash (SIGABRT) about every 10 mins

Gea-Suan Lin gslin at gslin.org
Fri Nov 9 20:07:17 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 09:23:46AM +0100, Dag-Erling Sm鷨grav wrote:
> Gea-Suan Lin <gslin at gslin.org> writes:
> > okay I use SIGABRT now. If it still not able to generate, I'll try to
> > use gdb "generate-core-file" command to generate it.
>
> One last thing to try: 'sysctl kern.coredump=1', though I don't see
> why it would be 0.  There's not much point in using gdb to generate a
> core dump, though, as the entire point was to avoid having to attach
> gdb to the child.

"kern.coredump" is already 1, but I found "kern.sugid_coredump" in
core(5):

	By default, a process that changes user or group credentials
	whether real or effective will not create a corefile.  This
	behaviour can be changed to generate a core dump by setting the
	sysctl(8) variable kern.sugid_coredump to 1.

Since varnishd is run by root then setuid to nobody, this rule will
apply to.  Change kern.sugid_coredump from 0 to 1 then the core file was
generated.

Core file and execute file is in:

http://mail.pixnet.tw/~gslin/tmp/varnishd.core
http://mail.pixnet.tw/~gslin/tmp/varnishd

--
* Gea-Suan Lin  (public key: Using https://keyserver.pgp.com/ to search)
* If you cannot convince them, confuse them.           -- Harry S Truman