why purge makes child process restart?

Janis Putrams janis.putrams at delfi.lv
Tue Sep 4 11:59:33 CEST 2007

Hi!

Thanks for the bugreport and for the fix. No child restarts after the vcl fix
so far.

Checked out revision 1934 from the trunk but sending request with no Host
still crashes the slave process.
Adding
 if (!req.http.host) {
        error 400 "No Host: header";
    }

works though.

Maybe that's because I chose backend based on the Host header:
sub vcl_recv {
        if (req.http.host == "www.sdfsdf.lv") {
                set req.backend = wwwa;
        } elsif (req.http.host == "sdfhsdfh.lv") {
                set req.backend = wwwb;
        } elsif (req.http.host == "www.asdfsd.lv") {
        } else {
                error 404 "Unknown virtual host";