apache+zope+varnish

jean-marc pouchoulon jean-marc.pouchoulon at ac-montpellier.fr
Tue Sep 25 08:20:37 CEST 2007

> Use-cases differ of course, but I'm partial to the other way around.
> Put Apache in front of Varnish and Varnish in front of Zope.  And if
> you need load balancing, insert something like Pound between Varnish
> and the Zeo clients (although there is some work in Varnish trunk to
> add load balancing).  This configuration frees up Apache to serve
> other stuff besides the Varnish cached content.

IMHO apache perf cannot rivalize with varnish , that's why I put them
behind varnish. We have differents applications (differents apache) and
varnish regex are sufficient to switch the traffic.
Apache 2.2 (load balancing + mod_rewrite) is used to do load balancing
on ZEO .In our case there are also hardware compression and load
balancing in front of varnish.

but "Use-cases differ of course" and there are many good solutions and
I am not using plone

jean-marc