url.purge

Pavel Pragin ppragin at SolutionSet.com
Mon Apr 21 16:25:58 CEST 2008

Hello,

Please help me get Purging working. I am really stuck. I followed the
directions in this link:
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/VCLExamplePurging

I added these lines to my VCL configuration file and restarted Varnish:
sub vcl_hit {
        if (req.request == "PURGE") {
                set obj.ttl = 0s;
                error 200 "Purged.";

When I connect  to Apache on port 80 and send these command nothing
happens. I need a way to Purge on the fly!

[root at 155496-app3 varnish]# telnet 67.192.43.99 80
Trying 6.12.4.9...
Connected to 6.12.4.9.
Escape character is '^]'.
PURGE / HTTP/1.1