Dirty Caching

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 24 10:10:58 CEST 2008

On 23 Apr 2008, at 18:48, Max Clark wrote:
> In July of 2007 there was a discussion on Dirty Caching - or serving
> stale content if the backend is down:
>
> http://projects.linpro.no/pipermail/varnish-misc/2007-July/000590.html
>
> Whatever happened with this? Is this feature available with Varnish?
> How do I configure it?

I've been looking at the Degraded mode page and am trying to get vcl
parser to be able to handle some of the pseudo-code described here:

http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/Degraded

Hopefully I should have a patch set shortly that allows set to contain
arithmetic operations with variables.

It should be fairly easy to write some vcl to do stale serving based
on headers eg http://www.mnot.net/blog/2007/12/12/stale

Paul