Ads, Analytics and cookies...

Ian M. Evans ianevans at digitalhit.com
Sat Aug 9 17:06:27 CEST 2008

Raymond Hall wrote:
> scheme). The analytics cookies are meaningful only to the js code in
> the browser, so there's no harm in caching the pages you deliver, even
> if they include the ga or urchin code.

Thanks for the adserver info. I'm still a little foggy on the Analytics
handing...(late night!)

Do I have to create a lookup rule for GA's __utm* cookies so Varnish
will cache it? They seem to get passed with everything.

Don't worry...when I bang my head on the desk a few times, I'll get
this...I'm a writer/photographer who also has to wear the sysadmin hat. :-)