Truncated URL in varnishncsa

Hermann-Marcus Behrens hermi at citybeat.de
Mon Aug 11 15:27:09 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm switching from Squid to Varnish right now I really like varnish so far.

But I have a problem: In varnishncsa I would like to see the cookies for
user-tracking. At the moment I'm adding the cookies in Javascript to an Url:

<script>
  var path = "http://citybeat.de/pixel.gif?";
  path += "&cookie=" + escape(document.cookie);
</script>

varnishncsa truncated the URL to 256 bytes, which is a problem in this case.
I found in the archives a patch, which increases the limit to 65535 bytes (
http://projects.linpro.no/pipermail/varnish-misc/2007-September/001057.html),
but the post is from Sept 2007 and I could not succesfull patch it to
the
latest svn-trunk.

Is it possible to patch this in the trunk? I think, the limitation to 256
bytes might be a problem for other users too..

Thanks,

Hermann-Marcus Behrens

--
citybeat.de: Bremens größtes Stadtmagazin im Internet.

Statistik März 2008:
Absolut eindeutige Besucher: 101.711
Pageviews: 1.728.618
Visits: 254.239