AW: AW: Varnish ALWAYS getting index from backend

Tomasz Leszczyn'ski plzeton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:50:08 CET 2008

Neil.Scholten at scoyo.com pisze:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, just Cut&Pasted the example.
> I had a look in our configuration:
>
> /* marker for vcl_deliver to reset Age: */
> 		set obj.http.magicmarker = "1";
>
> Just add the "" and it should work.
>
> The error you had pointed the direction:
>
> "Expected string variable or constant"
>
> --neil

My fault :)

Anyway... don't work on my test.php :)

Varnish always getting this from backend :|

Once more:

test.php:

<?
header('Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT');
header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate,
post-check=0, pre-check=0');
header('Pragma: no-cache');
echo time();
?>

Refreshing webpage on client (addres: http://192.168.3.34/test.php)
display current time.

Commenting line number 2 helps with this vcl:

backend default {
         .host = "192.168.3.5"; // use your own backend ip address
         .port = "80"; // use your own backend port
}

Simple, isn't :D

Headers Cache-Control and Pragma not affect but for Expires header
commands: remove, unset or set not helps (in vcl_fetch sub).

Unfortunately my backend application is IonCubed (encrypted) and is from
third party :D