5xx errors and Varnish

Paras Fadte plfgoa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:43:57 CET 2008

Hi Tollef ,

Set up is

client requests --> Loadbalancer --> caching servers --> origin servers

If I tend to get more 5xx errors when requests come to  caching
servers from load balancer than when the requests go directly to the
origin servers from load balancer could it be then something related
to  with number of probes etc specified in varnish ? Can specifying a
lower number of probes reduce the 5xx errors ?

What do you suggest ?

Thank you.

-Paras