small free smf

Paras Fadte plfgoa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:28:09 CET 2008

Hi Tollef,

Thanks for the reply

I would also like to know  is how to interpret  "Backend connections
failures" ? if I specify a file in probe and if it is moved
temporarily , varnish would term it is "sick" till it finds the file ?
is that considered as one of the  "Backend connections failures" ?

Example:

backend o1 {
.host = "10.1.0.100";
.probe = {
            .url = "/check.gif";
            .timeout = 100 ms;
            .interval = 1s;
            .window = 10;
            .threshold = 6;
         }

.port = "80";
}

In the above if check.gif on 10.1.0.100 is not found , will each
attempt of probing 10.1.0.100l be considered as a  Backend connection
failure ?

Thank you.

-Paras