What to do when the backend sends no caching information?

Alecs Henry alecshenry at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 22:41:36 CET 2008

Hi Per,

I'm actually using the cookies in the cache (using the information provided
on the website -- set req.hash += req.http.cookie;) and it works just fine!
One thing that the backend does is vary on user-agent, not only
content-encoding (I've removed the UA vary on the response, though).

So looking into varnishlog I can see the pass, even after the hash is shown
correctly.

Any pointers?

THanks!

Alecs