Strategy for large cache sets

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Wed Jul 2 23:50:23 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Barry Abrahamson wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Skye Poier Nott wrote:
>> I want to deploy Varnish with very large cache sizes (200GB or more)
>> for large, long lived file sets.
>
> We are doing this also and running into performance problems.
> about it.

Personally I'm keeping with the "cache" bit in the title and only trying
to keep a subset of may data in Varnish. Then again my usage patterns are
more concentrated.

I was wondering how large a cache people are managing to use without any
problems? Maybe a survey:

Version:
Special Features/Config:
Hits/Second:
RAM:
Total Cache Size:
OS:
Comments:

BTW: I'm still on the testing stage for various non-technical reasons.

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.