Strategy for large cache sets

Calle Korjus calle at korjus.se
Thu Jul 3 08:21:58 CEST 2008

We are running varnish with a huge dataset (+5TB) on our backends, we've been trying a lot of different setups but we've also ran into the problem with load spikes with every configuration that cahches more than the amount of ram we have, both mmap and malloc with larger swap. Right now we are running trunk with tcmalloc and 55gb cachestore (we have 64gb ram in the frontends now) we have about 70% cachehits and it's very stable, but we're still looking for a way to use mmap or malloc+swap to be able to have a cachestore over 100gb. So I'm also very interested in your results.

Regards
Calle