issues with page refresh

Jack Tuhman drupalnut at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 04:36:42 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I am setting up Varnish to protect a drupal site.  My vcl.conf file is at
the bottom of this message:

I am having 2 issues:

1) if a user presses refresh or F5, they do not see any images, if they
click on a link, they see an image.
2) If I wanted Varnish to cache the php pages (right now I pass them) but
clear its cache every 30 seconds, is there an easy way to do this?

Also, does anyone have any thing they think I should add to the vcl.conf
file, coming from squid, it seems very simple.
Thanks for the help,
Jack

backend default {
        set backend.host = "10.10.0.10";
        set backend.port = "81";
}

sub vcl_recv {
        if (req.request == "POST") {
                pipe;
        }

if (req.url ~
"\.(ico|gif|jpeg|jpg|png|swf|css|htc|js|bz2|gz|zip|xls|ppt|pdf|doc|rar)")
{
        lookup;
}
        pass;