Varnish + ESI in production

Chris Shenton chris.shenton at nasa.gov
Fri Jun 6 20:47:02 CEST 2008

On Jun 6, 2008, at 10:51 AM, JT Justman wrote:

> Chris Shenton wrote:
>> We're using it for http://nasascience.nasa.gov/ and it allowed us
>> to  withstand Reddit, Digg, Slashdot when we went live.   Great
>> stuff.
>
> Cool! How many includes do you have? What are your TTLs like? And
> what trunk are you running?

CC'ing the list as a few other folks asked similar questions privately.

Er, sorry, I think I read your message too quickly and lead to
confusion. We're not (yet) using ESIs, pretty much just the stock
settings.  We've got it fronting Apache which multiplexes to 4 backend
Zope instances running Plone.

We're running varnish-1.1.2. I don't think I'd be comfortable living
on the bleeding edge for a public site, not unless I learned a LOT
more about varnish anyway :-)