Little question about the releases of Varnish

Damien Sarazin damien.sarazin at smile.fr
Fri Jun 20 18:40:50 CEST 2008

Hello,

i am new to Varnish and i have some questions about the differents
versions. First i installed the 1.1.2 release with the .deb packages but
i browsed the mail list, and i saw many answers where people where were
advising to install a newer version from the svn.

In fact i would like to use Varnish as a reverse proxy on a backend with
several apache virtual hosts. I also need to be able to retrieve the
logs for each virtual host on the backend so that i can process them
with awstats.

My question is : should i continue to work with the 1.1.2 release or is
the 1.2 version stable enough so i can use this last one ?

Sincerely yours,

--
Damien S.