error page not delivered

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Mon Mar 3 13:16:29 CET 2008

Ramon A Hermon <rhermon at chicagosuntimes.com> writes:
> I am not sure how you can tell that I have 2 caches running, if by cache
> you mean varnish instances then yes. However I get the same result if I
> shut one down.

Because I misread your email (you wrote "case #1" and "case #2", I
assumed you meant two different servers)

What you're seeing is an instance of #197, which was fixed in trunk
last year, but (due to an oversight on my part) only recently in 1.1.

You're running some sort of RedHat / Fedora / CentOS, right?  You can
build the latest 1.1 directly from sources as follows:

# mkdir /tmp/varnish
# cd /tmp/varnish
# svn co http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/svn/branches/1.1 varnish-1.1.2
# tar zcf varnish-1.1.2.tar.gz varnish-1.1.2
# rpmbuild -tb varnish-1.1.2.tar.gz
# rpm -U *.rpm

DES
--