multiple domains -> varnish -> one backend

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Thu May 1 23:58:31 CEST 2008

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>> 1.1.2
>
> Please update to 1.2 or even better: -trunk, this has been fixed
> in the meantime.

I am running trunk now and the behavior is the same.

here is my complete vcl.conf (actual domain name changed.  let me know
if you need to see it and i will send the file privately)

backend default {
     .host = "originserver.com";
     .port = "80";
}

sub vcl_recv {
     set req.url = regsub(req.url, "^", "/site");
     set req.http.X-Orig-Host = req.http.host;
     set req.http.host = "originserver.com";

     if (req.request == "POST") {
         pipe;
     }

     # force lookup even when cookies are present
     if (req.request == "GET" && req.http.cookie) {
         lookup;

sub vcl_fetch {
     # force minimum ttl of 180 seconds
     if (obj.ttl < 180s) {