zope-plone.vcl

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Mon May 5 19:23:51 CEST 2008

On May 5, 2008, at 6:02 AM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Stig Sandbeck Mathisen wrote:
>> Are there any good reasons not to run Plone with the CacheFu (or
>> CacheSetup) product installed?  Would a non-CacheFu example be of any
>> use?
>
> CacheSetup monkeypatches a fair amount of things, which breaks some
> innocent
> third party products. In general my advise would be to never use
> CacheSetup
> unless you really need it.
>
> Wichert.

Breaking third-party products is certainly a risk, but to be fair, I'm
aware of only a single product so far that conflicts with CacheSetup.

While you certainly don't absolutely need CacheFu to take some
advantage of Varnish (or Squid), in general my advice is to always use
CacheFu unless you've got a good reason not to.  But since CacheFu is
not currently included in the base Plone install, any example vcl
should probably also support the non-CacheFu case.  Fixing http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/236
  would help.  :-)

Ric