Fetch called after pass

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu May 22 22:20:53 CEST 2008

In message <c1dd32e40805220228p3470633bj455b8694d9fceb89 at mail.gmail.com>, "anda
n andan" writes:

>In our tests (varnish trunk rev 2635), vcl_fetch is still inserting
>the request  in cache even though it got a "pass" in vcl_recv.

This is a case where the varnishlog output is a bit confusing:

When you mark the request for pass in vcl_recv, it goes to vcl_pass,
from there til vcl_fetch and despite the action from there being
"insert", it just means "deliver" since the request was a pass.

I'll make a mental note to make the varnishlog read "pass" in that
case.