firefox always miss

Cherife Li cherife at dotimes.com
Tue May 27 17:12:54 CEST 2008

On 05/27/08 21:42, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <483C0429.5090307 at dotimes.com>, Cherife Li writes:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using v1.1.2.
>>
>> Given a .gif file(I'm just testing), IE and curl could hit from cache,
>> but firefox never hits.
>
> Use the varnishlog to find out how/why.  Possibly enable the
> vcl_trace paramter if need be.
>
> My guess:  A cookie ?

Ooh, yeah, that's the point.
Thanks for guiding me out, you saved my life.
I should be more careful as I did see the "pass" in the varnishlog.

And one more question, with
   remove req.http.cookie; (or Cookie)
   remove req.http.Accept-Encoding; (or with low case a and e),
the varnishlog still shows Cookie and Accept-Encoding headers.
Does this mean the original headers varnish received?
If not, varnish didn't remove these headers, did it?

Thanks.
--
Rgds,
Cherife.