please help on compiling nagios plugin

Sascha Ottolski ottolski at web.de
Thu May 29 18:51:45 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 29 Mai 2008 17:06:41 schrieb Sascha Ottolski:
> Hi,
>
> asked it some weeks ago, but got no answer :-(
>
> when running configure, I see this error:
>
> ./configure: line 19292: syntax error near unexpected token
> `VARNISHAPI,'
> ./configure: line 19292: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(VARNISHAPI, varnishapi)'
>
> the line is
>
> # Checks for libraries.
> PKG_CHECK_MODULES(VARNISHAPI, varnishapi)

finally managed to compile the nagios plugin that comes with the svn
checkout, may be this helps someone else. apparently, the debian
packages I created and installed before using the debian/ directory
that comes with the checkout does not install the pkg-config file, and
is missing a link.

apt-get install pkg-config
cd /root/varnish-svn-trunk/varnish-tools/nagios/

cp /root/varnish-svn-trunk/varnish-cache/varnishapi.pc /usr/lib/pkgconfig/
cd /usr/lib/
ln -s libvarnishapi.so.0 libvarnishapi.so
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install