varnishncsa and liblogging

Michael S. Fischer michael at dynamine.net
Wed Oct 8 04:24:07 CEST 2008

I assume this is for logging daemon metadata/error conditions and not
actual traffic?

If this is for request/response logging, consider implementing a
bridge daemon that reads from the SHM like varnishlog or varnishncsa
does, and which then sends the output via liblogging.  This will
provide the fastest possible performance without bogging down Varnish,
and makes it such that it can be updated or modified entirely
independent of varnish itself.

--Michael