Frequent Varnish 2.0.4 Panics

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at redpill-linpro.com
Mon Apr 20 10:08:42 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 02:54:25PM -0700, Igor Minar wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I see frequent (~every 30 seconds) Varnish panics when running a light
> load tests on our webapp which is proxied by varnish.

What sort of load are you testing with?

> Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Let me know if you need
> more info.

By the looks of it, the child is killed of because it's unresponsive, and
it seems to me that it assert-error in the child is a result of this.

Have you tried simply increasing the client timeout? (-p cli_timeout). The
default is very agressive, and I've seen it kill off healthy childs that
are bussy delivering content even with a cli_timeout as high as 21 seconds.
Definitely something to test at least.

--
Kristian Lyngstøl
Redpill Linpro AS