Varnish Cache and Page Load Time

Sébastien FOUTREL sfoutrel at bcstechno.com
Fri Apr 24 17:11:57 CEST 2009

As you might know, Varnish needs some tuning to cache efficiently your website.

In your case, do your cache lasts long enough to stay between 2 visits from you ?

Did you made some tuning to exclude some pages, cookies from cache ?

By default varnish use cookies as part of the hash so if each visitors has a unique cookie then varnish will cache one object for each visitor...

Not so efficient isn't it ?

Regards