Handling graced objects between varnish servers.

Jeff Anderson jeff at funnyordie.com
Thu Apr 30 00:38:41 CEST 2009

I'm experimenting with a large varnish cache as a central master to
multiple front-end caches.  The master having a long object grace and
a slower LRU interval.  How long can I cache objects and keep them
available as graced objects?  If a front end varnish cache receives an
object from a downstream varnish cache that was served as a graced
object will the front end varnish cache declare it invalid?  If so is
there a way to bypass that invalidation?

--Jeff
jeff at funnyordie.com