behaviour when client drops the connection?

stuart yeates stuart.yeates at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Aug 31 03:11:33 CEST 2009

Hello

I'm looking to use varnish in front of an XSLT/PostgreSQL/Tomcat/Java
site and have a question about varnish's behaviour when a client drops a
connection.

The problem is that there are a relatively small number of pages which
are _very_ slow to generate (>60 minutes) and a large number that are
relatively fast. Clients tend to abort the slow pages, so (using our
current reverse proxy) they never make it into the cache.

Ideally I'd like to make varnish continue the request and cache the
result. Is that possible?

Is there a way to make these slow-to-generate pages have a much longer
cache-time?

cheers
stuart

--