Man at Work

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Feb 28 23:34:57 CET 2009

Those of you who get the commit mails will have noticed that I have
started pushings bits around to enable persistent storage.

Most of the code for persistance will be isolated in the storage
module, but for reasons of I/O layout optimization and general
stateiness[1], I need to rearrange the order of some events and
add some callbacks and API functions to the core code.

The biggest item on that list was postponing object allocation until
after we have decided in vcl_fetch{} if we even want to keep the
object in the cache.

That change is hopefully in place now.

As always I would love if some of you have time to run -trunk a bit
every so often to help weed out the bugs.

Poul-Henning

[1] Yes, I watch too much Colbert Report.