2.1 plans

Jeff Anderson jeff at funnyordie.com
Thu Jan 8 19:33:05 CET 2009

I'd like to see individual object request statistics and a method to
prefetch objects from the backend that are most frequently requested.
Perhaps also a way to prioritize objects into cache tiers based on
frequency of requests.  So, for example, highly requested objects are
maintained in RAM and less frequently requested objects are cached to
disk.  If persistent storage is on its way maybe a method to assign
priority to large disk cache volumes versus memory regions.  It might
be nice to have a distributed and/or tiered cache model where a single
master has a very large cache and potentially very long grace ability
where objects can exist even if stale.  That master in turn could host
frontend caches that communicate  efficiently to the master cache and
also have a tiered internal object priority.

Thanks,
--Jeff