tcp reset problem with varnish 2.0.4 o n Solaris 10 (SPARC)

Alex Hooper ahooper at bmjgroup.com
Mon Jul 6 17:43:52 CEST 2009

Rob S uttered:
> Alex Hooper wrote:
>
>> 5 VCL_call     c recv
>> 5 VCL_return   c pass
>> 5 VCL_call     c pass
>> 5 VCL_return   c pass
>> 5 VCL_call     c error
>> 5 VCL_return   c deliver
>

> It looks like you're using "pass", rather than "fetch", which probably
> isn't desirable when you're just doing a simple GET request.  I'd expect
> to see something like:
>
>    7 VCL_call     c recv
>    7 VCL_return   c lookup
>    7 VCL_call     c hash
>    7 VCL_return   c hash
>    7 VCL_call     c miss
>    7 VCL_return   c fetch
>
> Can you send your VCL file, so that I can take a look at the logic?

Hi,

Having not got past the testing stage, my VCL file comprises only the
lines I origianlly posted, the rest is all default. Here it is again for
convenience:

  backend test01 {
    .host = "83.231.175.37";
    .port = "80";
    .connect_timeout = 10s;
    .first_byte_timeout = 15s;
    .between_bytes_timeout = 2s;

  }

  sub vcl_recv {
    set req.backend = test01;

  }

Cheers,

Alex.
--
Alex Hooper                           |  <w> www.bmjpg.com
Systems and Database Administration   |  <e> ahooper at bmjgroup.com
BMJ Technology, BMJ Publishing Group  |  <t> +44 20 7383 6049
BMA House, LONDON, WC1H 9JR           |

The BMJ Group is one of the world's most trusted providers of medical information for doctors, researchers, health care workers and patients www.bmjgroup.bmj.com.  This email and any attachments are confidential.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it and kindly notify us.  If the email contains personal views then the BMJ Group accepts no responsibility for these statements.  The recipient should check this email and attachments for viruses because the BMJ Group accepts no liability for any damage caused by viruses.  Emails sent or received by the BMJ Group may be monitored for size, traffic, distribution and content.  BMJ Publishing Group Limited trading as BMJ Group.  A private limited company, registered in England and Wales under registration number 03102371.  Registered office: BMA House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JR, UK.