Question about Cache Purge

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at redpill-linpro.com
Tue Jul 14 09:13:02 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 02:17:35PM -0500, Brian Pan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a newbie question regarding 'purging the cache.'  When I run the following command to purge the root domain of my website,
>
> varnishadm -T localhost:80  purge.url ^/$

Are you sure the admin interface is at port 80? That sounds very unlikely.

How do you start varnishd? Varnish can listen to _two_ ports, one is
typically port 80, where normal HTTP data is served, the other is an
administrative interface, which is what you want to specify with -T.

--
Kristian Lyngstøl
Redpill Linpro AS