Fwd: varnish 2.0.4 backend errors

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at redpill-linpro.com
Wed Jul 15 12:31:53 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:14:21PM +0200, Lazy wrote:
> 2009/7/15 Kristian Lyngstol <kristian at redpill-linpro.com>:
> > You could try to turn on vcl-trace. (-p vcl_trace=on).
>
> right now i have something 100-200 req/s won't it kill the server and
> I can't restart varnish now so I will have try to enable it at runtime

Ok, I'm not entirely sure if that'll work, but it's worth a try (and it
should cause any damage anyway).

> > Also, could you post your VCL in it's entirety? (If you already did, I
> > must've missed it.)
>
> sub vcl_recv {

(...)

>     if (req.http.Cache-Control ~ "no-cache") {
>      pass;

You probably do not want this; It will mean that every time a _client_
sends no-cache, it's a pass. That'll be quite often (on refresh, for
instance), and the refreshed item wont get cached, so it wont refresh the
cache.

(I'll have a look at the cap when I find some time. Could take a few
hours).

--
Kristian Lyngstøl
Redpill Linpro AS