varnish 2.0.4 backend errors

Lazy lazy404 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:23:27 CEST 2009

2009/7/16 Ken Brownfield <kb+varnish at slide.com>:
> Yeah, this one might be one for the Varnish devs.  Only last thing I can
> think of is that Apache is returning a response that's larger than
apache didn't set Content-Length on thiese requests

Yesterday i switched the machine to squid, and errors came back as
httpAppendBody: Request not yet fully sent "POST in squid cache log

Finally I realized that there are many tcp checksum errors in the dump,
I turned off tx and rx checksum offloading and now the checksums are ok,
there was so far no error in 25 minutes (before it was happening in about
15 minute intervals). Maybe the fact that local backend is bound to eth0's ip
address made a difference. I will investigate later. Maybe it will be
worth mentioning
in the wiki if it's proven.

After all it wasn't a varnish error at all.

Thank You all for your time and expertise.

--
Michal Grzedzicki