Problems getting Varnish to cache certain things

Darryl Dixon - Winterhouse Consulting darryl.dixon at winterhouseconsulting.com
Fri Jun 12 21:15:46 CEST 2009

Hi Anders,

If you perform certain actions in vcl_hit, Varnish will mark the object as
a 'hit for pass' which means that from then on it will always simply pass
every matching request to the backend. A restart clears this. If I recall
correctly, one of the triggers is using 'pass' inside vcl_hit or
vcl_fetch.

regards,
Darryl Dixon
Winterhouse Consulting Ltd