cache purging questions

Matthew Hoopes matthew.hoopes at gmail.com
Thu May 28 19:46:31 CEST 2009

2009/5/26 Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no>

> Matthew Hoopes <matthew.hoopes at gmail.com> writes:
> > url.purge *username.domain.com*
>
> This is not a valid regular expression.
>
> DES
> --
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no

 Hey,
thanks for the response. In the docs, it shows how to purge the index doc
and everything in the cache.

http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/FAQ#HowcanIforcearefreshonaobjectcachedbyvarnish

I've tried a whole gang of regular expressions involving backslashes and .*
everywhere, but I get either "Syntax Error: Illegal backslash sequence" or
it just doesn't clear the cache of the objects i'm trying to clear.

Is it even possible to clear the cache based on hostname?

If someone could show me an example of how to clear the cache of every
object from a domain (if possible) i'd be very grateful.

thanks again,
matt hoopes